Congratulations to the 28 Runners and Nordic walkers who participated as part of the Friskis team for the 41st edition of the 20Km of Brussels on Sunday 12th September 2021. Don’t forget that we are offering multiple running and Nordic walking sessions every week in the new semester so if you want to train for the next 20 km or just want to enjoy an activity in the fresh air this is the perfect time to join!
At Friskis we believe that we are all born natural runners... we just forgot it. Which is why we warmly invite you to join the running community of Friskis and elect your preferred session at one of our 9 standard Running and Nordic Walking Sessions every week:
- Start to Run (starting in October) on Monday evenings from 19:30-20:15 in Parc du Cinquantenaire (meeting point at the Merode entrance) and on Wednesday from 19:30-20:15 in in Parc du Woluwe (meeting point: a few meters away from the “Chien Verts” stop (36, 39, 44)). For beginners who have little to no experience running.
- Running Quality every Monday from 19:30-20:30 in Parc du Cinquantenaire (meeting point at the Merode entrance) and Wednesday from 19:30-20:30 in Parc du Woluwe (meeting point: a few meters away from the “Chien Verts” stop (36, 39, 44)). These are one-hour sessions which aim to improve your running technique, strength and speed. These sessions are suitable for experienced and regular runners.
- Running Cross every Thursday from 19.30-20:30 in Parc du Cinquantenaire (meeting point at the Merode entrance) and the Running Cross/Start to Run session on Saturday at 10:00 am meeting point in front of the Asics store (Place du Luxembourg, 1050 Ixelles). These sessions are a varied, all-around training class where you exercise at various “stations” (benches, up-hills…) and challenge the body in a different way (muscle strength, intervals, …). These sessions are suitable for experienced and regular runners. As of October, the Saturday morning sessions at Place du Luxembourg will alternate each week between Running Cross and Start to Run. So on the 2nd of October there will be a Running Cross session, while the 9th there's Start to Run and so on.
- Running Distance every Sunday at 11:00am in the Fôret de Soignes at the ADEPS center (Waversesteenweg 2057, 1160 Audergem), for experienced and regular runners, it guarantees 90 minutes of fun and fresh air!
- Nordic Walking takes place on Tuesday at 19:00 at Parc du Woluwe (meeting point: a few meters away from the “Chien Verts” stop (36, 39, 44)) or on Saturdays at 9:30am at 4 bras (4 Armen Tervuren) to discover a new and fun way to stay fit and gradually improve your physical well being.
This is a golden opportunity for you to spend some quality time outside and enjoy with your fellow Friskis members so make sure you don’t miss it.