We would like to thank and congratulate the 23 members who joined the Friskis team for the Bruxelloise virtual challenge for 2020. They have been running and NW virtually since October 1st till October 31st to support the Bruxelloise initiative for the benefit of research against breast cancer in partnership with the Fondation Saint-Luc.
Even when we were forced to cancel our outdoor sessions during the last week of October, due to the new Covid-19 restrictions, they still kept running and walking on their own, wearing their bright pink colors. They didn't stop and they went the distance! We're pleased to report that our team ran a total of 1690 kilometers!
We are proud to have them as part of our team and to lend our name to this good cause.
At Friskis we believe that we are all born natural runners... we just forgot it. As soon as the Covid restrictions are lifted and our outdoor sessions are allowed to resume, then we warmly invite you to join the running community of Friskis and elect your preferred session at one of our 8 standard Running and Nordic Walking Sessions every week:
- Start to Run on Monday evenings from 19:30-20:15 in Parc du Cinquantenaire (meeting point under the arch). For beginners who have little to no experience running.
- Running Quality every Monday (starting in October) and Wednesday in Parc du Cinquantenaire (meeting point under the arch). These are one-hour sessions which aim to improve your running technique, strength and speed. These sessions are suitable for experienced and regular runners.
- Running Cross every Thursday (starting in October) from 19.30-20:30 in Parc du Cinquantenaire (meeting point under the arch) and on Saturday at 10:00 am meeting point in front of the Asics store (Place du Luxembourg, 1050 Ixelles). These sessions are a varied, all-around training class where you exercise at various “stations” (benches, up-hills…) and challenge the body in a different way (muscle strength, intervals, …). These sessions are suitable for experienced and regular runners.
- Running Distance every Sunday at 11:00am in the Fôret de Soignes at the ADEPS center (Waversesteenweg 2057, 1160 Audergem), for experienced and regular runners, it guarantees 90 minutes of fun and fresh air!
- Nordic Walking takes place on Wednesday at 19:00 at Parc du Woluwe (a few meters away from the “Chien Verts” stop (36, 39, 44) or on Saturdays at 9:30am at 4 bras (4 Armen Tervuren) to discover a new and fun way to stay fit and gradually improve your physical well being.